We’re seeking an experienced Content Strategist who will serve as a pivotal link between our Product and Marketing team. This role is instrumental in crafting content plans that resonate with our audience, drive user engagement, and support our product’s goal.
You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a unique and quite innovative design product that is leading change and challenging the status quo in the industry.
Attention all job seekers!
Before you apply, let’s chat about some must-haves for this position. We need someone in the same time zone as we are, CET +/- 2, and English & Spanish languages. We know you can reach the skill level without a diploma, but just as a guide, we’re aiming for C1 in English and B2 in Spanish (that’s the minimum, but if you’re above that, it’s a bonus!).
We defend and believe in open source and proof of this is that our main project, Penpot, reflects that. We’ve been in the game for over 10 years now, and we’re convinced that technology isn’t neutral. That’s why we like to shake things up and go against the status quo.
If you want to get a better feel for our culture and values, check out our website for a better understanding of who we are and what we stand for.
We believe that education can be acquired in many ways, not just through a degree. That’s why we don’t require specific formal education, but we do expect you to have experience in the following areas:
- Background in developing content plans for SaaS products -especially if they are open source- with a solid understanding of design and code processes.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in Content strategy and creation, enhancing user experience throughout the user journey.
- Ability to research user needs as well as industry trends and translate them into engaging and effective content.
- Proficiency in collaborating cross-functionally between Product and Marketing teams.
- Comfortable with writing and proofreading complex technical information in a clear, concise, and user-friendly manner. You need to be familiar with design and development terminology and understand deeply both sides of Product Development.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on measuring and optimizing content performance.
- A hands-on person who can look at setting a strategy as well as crafting the content from start to finish.
- Language skills: proficient in spoken and written English (C1 level for speaking, C2 for writing) and proficient in spoken and written Spanish (B1 level).
- Location: residing within the same time zone CET +/- 2.
- Experience working in Open Source products.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design.
- Graphic and multimedia design and content creation.
- Proficiency in English copywriting.
- Establish content strategy objectives in alignment with the target audience, brand voice, and messaging priorities.
- Evaluate existing content, pinpoint gaps, and prioritize content needs to drive user acquisition and engagement for present and future strategies.
- Conduct thorough research analysis to comprehend user and audience preferences, needs, and behaviors, and shape content decisions.
- Remain abreast of industry trends, content marketing best practices, and emerging technologies to ensure a relevant and effective content strategy.
- Enhance your creativity to generate interesting content that appeals to our audience.
- Create and maintain editorial calendars to schedule content publication, ensuring consistency and organization.
- Generate content creation across various formats—written, visual, audiovisual, etc. (tutorials, case studies, tech sheets, how-tos, emails, etc.)—while establishing guidelines and best practices for the organization.
- Utilize data and analytics tools to measure content performance, tracking metrics like traffic, engagement, and conversion rates.
- Optimize content based on data insights, making adjustments to enhance overall performance continually.
- Work closely with various teams—marketing, business, design, and development to synchronize content strategies with broader company initiatives.
In our Community team, we’re a pretty swell bunch of eight individuals. Each of us is dedicated to various responsibilities spanning Business, Marketing, Customer Success, Office Management, Communication, and People (aka HR).
Take a look at all the people working at Kaleidos, but specifically, on a day-to-day basis, you’ll be working with:
- Sonia: Communications Specialist
- Carol: Community Advocate
- Almu: Audiovisual Content Designer
- Elena: Communications Specialist
- Pablo: CEO
- Paula: Communications Specialist
- Izzy: Office Manager
- Marta: People Specialist
💰 Salary: 50-60K € (gross annual salary).
📜 Permanent contract. We’re looking for someone to stay with us for the long run!
⏰ Flexible hours. Even better! We all work from 10am-2pm CET. You can work the rest of your hours whenever you want. Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, you’ll be in good company!
🌍 100% remote position. We maintain an office in Madrid (Spain), however, attendance at this location is discretionary. You are welcome to work remotely from any location with a reliable internet connection, provided that we share a time zone CET +/- 2 or you may choose to come to the office as often as you want.
🏝 23 days of paid leave, plus December 24th and 31st, and the possibility to ask for extra non-paid leave days. We’re super flexible with your dates, you just need to make sure it’s fine with your team.
📚 Continuous learning with internal and external training, conferences, and events (as a general rule we usually cover 100% of the cost). You’re encouraged to experiment with new best practices!
🇺🇸 English classes on the house: classes paid for by the company as part of your work schedule.
🤩 2 PIWEEKs per year! A PIWEEK is a freeform week-long hackathon where you pause your day-to-day work and focus, either alone or in a team, on a cool project! Penpot was born in past PIWEEKs!
❤️ Alan’s health insurance through flexible compensation (coverage only in Spain).
🔝 An environment where your opinion matters. We have a culture of a consensus-driven decision-making process. You’ll quickly find yourself being involved in all Kaleidos’ things.
🤝 Self-organized teams: we believe that providing autonomy and independence is key for personal and collective accountability. Teams at Kaleidos operate internally with very little hierarchy and enjoy the freedom to better organize themselves.
🏹 Monthly activities for those who want to, of course, do something fun as a group: ice skating, bowling, archery, kayaking…
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Content strategist”, tell us where you saw the job offer, and don’t forget to attach your CV. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
- If your CV meets our requirements, we will invite you to have a 15-mins chat to better understand your profile, and your desires.
At that point, if we’re aligned, we would love you to write a cover letter about your experience and why you’re interested in joining Kaleidos.
1.5-hour culture interview, to get a sense of how you see our culture, clear up any questions, get to know you more deeply, and for you to also get to know us.
1.5 hour technical interview. We’ll take this time together to review a successful case that impacted a user journey, and how the learnings from that could be applied to Penpot.
1-hour interview with Pablo, our CEO. Consider this step an interview to dive deeper into Kaleidos and ask whatever you’d like!
Optional: meet with two people from Kaleidos for a private conversation to ask any questions you may have about the company and the position.
Feedback will be provided to you after each step of the process. Chill out, we’re real people here, not some fancy bots 🤖 working round the clock!
Kaleidos is committed to equal opportunities, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental situation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status. The company values your energy, skills, and desire to be part of the team above all else.